10.24.2009

awkward german bread

Awkward

I overheard Cayleb explain to his friend Timothy the definition of awkward. I was so impressed their 5 year old interaction had moved to real conversation and evolved to something more than Clone trooper battles and sword fights.

Cayleb - "You know what awkward means?"

Timothy - No answer.

Cayleb confidently explained - "It is when you are in a room and you are the only boy and there are lots of girls, that's awkward."

We'll see how long this definition sticks.


German Bread

Madalyn - "Mom, what is German bread?"

Me - I am a so, so cook that still relies heavily on Campbell's soup and ward cook books, so I answered, "Well, I've never heard of German bread, we'll have to look that up. By the way where did you learn about German bread?"

Madalyn - "From a song."

Me - "Sing it to me."

Madalyn - "......do a deer a female deer,

ray, a drop of golden sun,

mi, a name I call myself,

fa, a long, long way to go

so, a needle pulling thread,

la, a note to follow so

ti, a drink with German bread!"