1.22.2009

Positive Thinking

In a book I am reading it states, "Attitudes are more important than facts...Any fact facing us, however difficult, even seemingly hopeless, is not so important as our attitude toward that fact." In light of the recent inauguration, I was speaking with a friend last night that has a daughter working in Washington D.C. She said on the day of Obama's inauguration, there was a strange yet palpable feeling of hope in the air. Regardless of one's political persuasion, I truly hope that despite the numerous dim facts that are out there, that the attitudes toward these facts will help facilitate a positive direction for our country. It will be interesting to see what unfolds. In light of this, I also thought, how do I regard my challenges - what is my attitude like? Though I think of myself as more of an optimist, I definitely have some room for improvement.