1.30.2009

Threat to National Safety

Cayleb calls them "choking lizards", but most of us known them by the common name choking hazards. At our house, the culprits are legos and magnets balls from the K-Nex sets. Of course Makenzy likes to pop them in her mouth and scurry out of the room when we ask, "what's in your mouth?" The sensible thing would be to put them up, up real high. Alas, her two big brothers are in a lego obsession so it is much harder than one would think - mom's with lego freaks know what I am talking about. But the magnets are what really worry me. We ususally have those safely tucked away because I've seen the news reports on kids that have died from the metallic consumption. Yet, the last little while our supervision has waned, and I keep finding the magnet balls all over the place. I am worried for Makenzy's mortality because if she doesn't die from one plugging up her small intestine I think the North Korean's long range missle tests may divert their course to the strong magnetic pull coming from our play room. Seriously this is a threat to our national safety - don't say you haven't been warned!!!