2.18.2009

Up, Up and Away

Madalyn leaving for Utah as an unaccompanied minor - yikes! She was looking forward to going solo for a few days to visit cousins and grandparents.
Cupid Cafe. Ahh, the ambiance, the company, the food - c'est la manufique! A tradition started by my mom, we have a fancy dinner with the kids. They get dressed up, I even step up the church clothes to my formal wear and we usethe wedding china, the crystal, and do some pretend high flutin' speaking. The kids always look forward to it. Alongside our steak, we added smoked salmon to this year's menu; $20 a pound it should have tasted good and it did. Madalyn also wrote some Valentine prose for us (verbatim below):
"On Valentine's day I shout horay with a big big smile, it takes a little while for Vanlentine day to come with some little chocolate bars and some candy bars and a little of this and a little of that and I'll wear my fancy hat." U-R 2 Cute Madalyn.
Last week Randy and I celebrated Valentine's early to avoid the dinner rush, and ate at the Royal Orchid, a thai restaurant we like. Then following our Cupid Cafe, we had a ward couples dinner and dance. Funny thing was most of the music they played was what my kids listen to now. It was mostly the thirty something crowd dancing, our ward has a disproportionately large group. We had a few do the worm and even some Michael Jackson moves. We eventually and literally got called on our curfew by Makayla since she was babysitting, and had to leave the dance floor a little early.