2.10.2010

When Things Like This Happen...

At night, late at night, I find the time to finally be alone with my thoughts, without feeling guilty for being with my kids but not being with them. I pick up a bit, pick at my face, pull out the graham crackers and indulge in a cup of whole milk. Sometimes I get caught up on things but usually I whittle away my sleep time during the time warp that occurs when I am online.


Just before Christmas, Randy and I stopped by Deseret Book in Bellevue after attending a temple session. We spent some time perusing the books. I came across a beautiful baptism book, opened it up and found out the creator/author is an old friend from an old bunko group. Sara Staker. Other than mentally noting that's the baptism book I am getting for Cayleb and Makenzy, I wanted to send her an e-mail. "Hello. It's been awhile. Your book is gorgeous."

Tonight I finally found the time.

It's been a little while, so I couldn't remember her contact info.

I typed in her name, her location, and the web found her.


Found her family blog too.


Wow, I started to read, then cried, then thanked my Heavenly Father for not giving me her current challenge.

I thanked Him for my children,

my husband,

for keeping an eye out for them when I didn't.,

or even when I did.
I thanked Him for the blessings and miracles that happen everyday.
About 10 days ago, their family had a terrible, horrible accident.


Read here for perspective and how miracles still happen.