10.21.2010

8th grade art homework....


Isn't it funny how somethings are hard to get rid of.
One was my 8th grade self portrait.
Painted when I was 14 years old.
I kept it for years.
I worked really hard on it.
I used my 7th grade picture as my template.
The assignment was to paint a self portrait and have it reflect your heritage.
Therefore, windmills in the background.
Mine ended up looking like mini mills popping out of my head.
A couple of years ago, in one of my ongoing spats to get organized, I decided to take pictures of artwork, trophies, etc. and then get rid of them.
Seriously, it is weird to have your elementary Reflections trophies on a shelf.
People we must move on.
So I did.
I came across this picture of the picture, as I was, of course, trying to get organized.
On another organization spat.
I still like it.
Windmills and all.
It isn't that it is so art worthy but more the fact that it represented
something I worked hard on.
That I tried my best.
And was happy with the results.
How to feel that way with everything I do would definitely be mastering the art of living.
Something worth holding onto.