10.13.2010

Third generation...

Cheerleader.
Grandma Brusik. Jordan.
Me. Hillcrest.
Makayla. Tahoma.
(Aunt Nikki. Alta.)
And surprisingly a lot of the cheers are still the same 40 years later.
"Who rocks the house?"
Just about every jr. high and high school across America.
Since my photo is "no good", I'll identify. She is the one in the middle with her poms up.
And "yeah" we definitely think cheer leading is a sport.
There is a lot of time put into it.
In my opinion, every kid, every adult needs some hobby or some activity outside school, work, or family. Parental biases aside, which of course I have, she really is good.
She's good because she loves cheering.
Just for fun, I pulled out my old cheer leading outfit and poms.
Original cost $350.
1 outfit we kept.
1 stayed at school.
Sixteen years later my sweater uniform has found its home in the Halloween costume box.
When I hold it up, I think it fits.
In the far corner of my closet, is my wedding dress.
I think it fits too.
Weird, but they stand as my measuring stick of how much my body has
changed since having kids. And my love of sweets. And my quasi exercising. And my erratic healthy eating habits.
I think they fit.
Makayla. Cheer leading.
They fit.