4.13.2009

Easter and Happy, Happy Birthday Randy

Randy and I vacillate when it comes to gift giving - sometimes we want a surprise and other times we want an EXACT thing.

This year was a little of both. Randy NEEDED a motor for his fishing boat and to create family memories.
I am always taken in on the "family time" thing.


"vroom, vroom"- happy birthday, we love you so much, you are AMAZING!!!

-"Yeah" they found their baskets

Cayleb and Makenzy have been sick. Cayleb was sleeping in but we couldn't start the egg hunt without him, sooo.... big brother kindly went and woke him up, he was happy Easter was finally here!


- Found his basket, "cheese."


Later in the day, Cayleb said it was "stupid" the Easter Bunny hid the eggs in the house, eggs are supposed to be hidden outside. "I know," I said, "but the Easter Bunny probably didn't think you wanted to look for your eggs outside in the pouring rain." Apparently, tradition isn't supposed to be broken for anything.


My kids like candy. Makenzy was happy with finding eggs, popping them open, eating through the wrappers, gumming it up real well and then leaving half eaten chocolates, and jelly beans with half their color sucked off stuck all over the carpets, stairway and pajamas. But my kids like money more. Luckily, the Easter Bunny stuffed some eggs with money too!

Always trying to go a little healthier. Tried vegan cupcakes - o.k. almost vegan cupcakes, I didn't have coconut milk. Tasted good, easy to make, and a great addition to our Easter dinner.

From one sweet tooth to another, THANKS mom for always sending up the cute little candy decorations. You know you got me started on the whole cupcake thing by telling me about one of my favorite sites http://www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/.



Love Easter - it means spring, it means new beginnings, and it means spring dresses. However, this Easter, we had 2 sick ones - Makenzy and Cayleb, not so fun. So I bagged even getting them dressed up. Makenzy is in that toddler stage where she is constantly taking off her diaper and tugging at her clothes to be removed so why even bother sometimes.

We played church tag - Randy and the girls went, then he came home and I went. Makayla was a part of the Easter program, bummed I didn't get to see it, Easter Sunday is always so special!
Using plastic eggs and references from the scriptures, Makayla made a terrific family night Easter lesson. When I have time, I'll post it. But in an "eggshell", she wrote down scripture references citing the Savior's final week of mortal life and then added objects in the egg that correlated with the scripture, for example 3 silver dimes to represent the 30 silver pieces Judas was paid.