6.02.2009

3/5 of a Mother's Day









Each day I have my mental and sometimes paper list of what I want to get done for the day.
But what I want and what I get sometimes are 2 different things.
Making the time to write in my journal, sit down and read, eat without little hands guiding the spoon to my mouth, and update the blog (for both families, hee, hee) doesn't always get done.
This Mother's Day, Randy was in Utah for the marriage of his nephew (Ryan and Corrine, congratulations!) Madalyn and Cayden of course wanted to go see their cousins. As such, I had 3 of my 5 with me. Kind of sad, but honestly kind of a nice break too. It mixes up the dynamics of home life. It is then that I realize 3 kids really does seem small to me,
not complete for me.
I WANTED to take pictures of me with all of my kids on Mother's Day, but settled for Makayla taking a few candid photos of Kenzie and I. Cayleb didn't want any. He quickly stripped out of his church clothes and headed into "his world" of light sabers, lego blocks and "bommers."
It was then that I also remembered why I WANTED my babies, all 5 of them. Just maybe being a mom means that yes, I don't always get the "free" time I sometimes crave, but I do get what I want, I get to be mommy to the best kids (95% of the time). Glad to have my little handful back together.