6.10.2009

Memorial Weekend

A tradition for our family is to go camping on the "opening" weekend of summer. Over the years, we have tented it (might I add with a 2 mo. old baby Cayden), moved up to a tent-trailer Randy's Aunt Jerri gave us, bought a 1969 Dodge Fireball motor home that was so old it didn't have a/c or seatbelts and we drove it out to Chicago/
Nauvoo in the humid summer going no faster than 55 mph, might I add that was an extra long trip, our current trailer is the Rockwood Roo, for "Roo Whooo" fun times.

Part of the reason I am o.k to camp for awhile is that Cayden and Randy do most of the cooking. And just in case, it is a flop, we have otter pops in the freezer and potato chips, it is pretty much a staple at home too.













Canoeing on the little pond. Makenzy did not like wearing a life jacket - so we didn't last too long. Which was fine, because the Korean LDS branch was doing a couple of baptisms in the water. We were camped by their group, and later in the night were treated to some Korean Karoake; Josh Groban in Korean was well, interesting.



The kids used the stage and we made up our own plays. Cayleb and Cayden were trying out their hand as jedi knights, but Cayleb busted up laughing his cutest boy giggle when Cayden tried to act like Captain Cody. I absolutely thrilled the kids with my West Side Story dance - it literally drew them out of the audience and they joined me on stage, snapping and bopping our legs -or perhaps it was their giggling that got them on stage to mock me.






The rope swing -











My darling girls.













Each time we go here, the kids have to ride the horses.








































O.k. I am still pretty much a newbie with my camera, and it set to autofocus 95% of the time while I figure out how to use it. However, I totally love these pictures of Madalyn and Cayden. They were leaning against the trees while we were watching and listening to 2 squirrels run up and down the tree. I can even see Madalyn's dimple!
























Going down the slide.























LOVED rope swing - we kept going back, and back, and back!