3.03.2011

YSA Sweet Meet

 Every year the Institute, and now the YSA (young single adults), host The Sweet Meet. 
Basically a Valentine's dinner and dance.

The twist is dessert is made by the guys. 
 The gals then vote on the desserts by dropping in tickets to a box or bag placed in front of the Valentine inspired dessert, of course not knowing who made it (but really, I think a few did!). 

A ticket for each dessert is pulled out and "whala" you have a date and a dessert for the evening.
The rest is up to cupid!

Pictured above is what we made. 
Fruity and fresh.


 While I spent most my time in the kitchen helping with dinner (and thinking never do catering, never do catering), I stepped out to help with the judging.

Naturally, chocolate desserts got extra points in my book.
There were some pretty good entries.
One year, somebody made a love bird's cage out of Twizzlers.
Nothing quite that spectacular this year.
However, flavored chocolate was new this year.
After judging we did eat some of the amazing cookies made with bacon flavored chocolate.
And, the chocolate platter was made out of "Don't Eat That Chocolate" flavor.
It was like eating peppers.
Water me down!
Randy took some home and gave it to the kids as a treat.
Thoughtful Dad ;)


 Sweet meet or Sweet MEAT!
2 Cute. 4-Ever.  Call Me.

I can't read minds, or maybe I can.
"Please don't let cupid be a lousy aim!"