9.13.2009

Mount Rainier Hike

O.k., the promo worked; fee free weekends in major national parks across the United States. I decided we would take advantage of the national parks generosity. It was part that and also part a need to get justification for purchasing an annual pass a few years back that we used only once. I felt jipped.

The kids grabbed their hiking sticks, we packed lunch in our basket and drove to the mountain. Unfortunately, the 75 degree weather at home fooled me into overlooking packing jackets. It was a bit chillier especially when the wind kicked up. We went on our little hike but bagged the whole lunch on the mountain meadow and instead munched away in the truck.

Apparently, food and twists and turns going down the mountain turned Makenzy's stomach the wrong way.

She started to gag,

I had nothing to grab, but being the quick thinker I am I pulled off my shirt and caught most of what came out.

Next time I am insisting on lunch in the meadow.

Gorgeous area!

Who can resist picking wildflowers?






"Seriously, Randge don't fall off here, your life insurance gives me more if you die on the job. Let's move away from the precipitous edge before the kids follow."