6.17.2010

Institute Graduation


It has been some time since I graduated from the U of U Institute program. Much of why I originally enrolled was for my free parking, though I still had to hoof it across
campus and when I had late classes, I was
always a little freaked out to come back to a dark, nearly empty parking lot.
But the more classes I took, my spiritual darkness was lit up by amazing teachings, which was not freaky at all. I had great teachers like Bro. Wilcox and Bro. Jack Marshall, whom I took most of my classes from. I also took a married couples class with Randy taught by Bro. Thomas and his wife. Little did I know that years later, Randy and I would teach the same class at the University of Washington Institute.
Randy and I served as the LDSSA married couples representatives back in 1996-1997. It was a position created after I asked if there was any representation on LDSSA for the married couples. Whala, a position was created and Randy and I were asked to be on the council. Our main responsibilty was using the council debit cared each Friday to head to Smith's and find something cheap and easy to serve as after class snacks. It was usually donuts and ice cream.
Fast forward almost 15 years later. Institute graduation in Washington. All of the speakers did very well. Many talked about how fitting institute in is sometimes hard but necessary and rewarding.
Post graduation refreshments. Pairing platters of fresh fruit and the chocolate fountain are always a success. At least in my book. Always.

The vibe of the university infuses its' vitality into me each time I go.
planning. working. going somewhere. big decisions awaiting.
learning. stretching. searching. cultivating you.
it is exciting!


Crossing 520. Typical overcast day. Typical drive.