3.21.2009

Gold and Green Ball

The Gold and Green Ball is the Institute's version of Prom.

The girls nabbed Randy as their date since I am the momma hen that can't leave her baby chicken, Makenzy, quite yet, but I am almost getting there.

They spent the night dancing!

-and eating!

-chocolate dipped strawberries, daiquiris (25 to choose from), cheeses and crackers, dips, dipping all sorts of cut up fruits in the chocolate fountain

-and dancing!

-and shielding one student who was being stalked by "some guy she didn't want to be with"

- side note, but I totally understand! My, save me, wish I could hide, run date was with Chuck the Cowboy shirt unbuttoned into a deep "V" that revealed a lot to laugh about, spent half the night telling me how to mix drinks to get drunk, no headlights on car so we improvised with flashlights out the sidewindows, I prayed to get pulled over, threatened a guy at the planetarium with his pocket knife for stepping on our toes, and finally slipped in cowboy boots while playing basketball- pathetic!

Can I just say, Randy has never, ever, ever played basketball in cowboy boots, THANK YOU!

Anyhow, they had a lot of fun and didn't make it home until late, I know, I waited up for them. Practicing for later-

Daddy and his darling dates-They got pictures at the dance, so when I get them, I'll post it.
Getting ready to go-

The dip -